Walldkor.com started in 2017 as an e-commerce platform based on the dropshipping business model (a website markets items from aliexpress.com and takes a margin from sales).
I was eager to know how this business model was working and how online technology can help in dealing with digital marketing and generate online sales.
Above all, I wanted to GROW at both levels: personal and professional.
Last but not least, most sincerely: I thought I could become a millionaire with no effort and within less than 15 days (do not tell me that you have not dreamt about it too, at least once in your life! ^^).
I developed Walldkor’s website 100% with my own hands and without knowing much about website development. This is how nowadays technology is helping us, you just need to be curious and fearless to do Great things, things you LOVE.
I always look at things as life experiments. There is no difference between winning or losing. It is a matter of analyzing facts:
- What brought me to success?
- What was a complete flop?
- Did I grow with it?
- Did I contribute positively to society?
- Did I like what I was doing?
I loved the development phase of the project, designing my website specialized in Wall and Home decoration and bringing it to live with a personal touch (expressing myself through it). BUT. I was not aligned with my WHY, with my VALUES.
What this business model represents was kind of breaking my heart
I did not like the feeling of selling cheap Chinese Made items to people and making them believe that they will be happy with that.
I am not saying that Chinese Made is not good, it certainly is in some cases, but we must always see deeper: cheap goods are cheap because workers’ salaries are cheap and because there is no investment in sustainable development (and many other reasons).
Is that a fair and ethical business?
Not to me. I do not want to be a cheap Leader. I want to be a generous, responsible and valuable person towards myself and towards society.
I started Walldkor.com because I wanted to GROW, so I did!
I did not become a millionaire within 15 days but I learned much more than I could imagine. I decided to keep the name Walldkor to share my experience with new entrepreneurs, with my friends, my family and those who are interested in:
- Executive Mindfulness: the world needs it!. Executive actions are shaping our day to day activities, if we can act mindfully we can shape a better place to work and a better place to live.
- Mindful Entrepreneurship: being aware of how do we contribute to society with our business activities is key to personal success.
- Ethical Leadership: being ethical to oneself is luxury! We are all Leaders (to our friends, to our family, to our sons or daughters, to our business partners and colleagues) and we must be generous with ourselves. Luxury comes when we take care of our body, our mind, our heart. A great leader knows this and works for it every single day.
- Education and Innovation: Do we know enough to stop learning and innovating? Humanity has this inner power of CREATION: we are made to create new things. We are to be innovative, it is in our nature. To achieve this we need to be curious about everything, always open to new experiences, to new people, to new possibilities and SHARE it because education is key to our development and so is sharing.
Walldkor.com is keeping its original wall and home decor style as a way to warmly welcome you at HOME :).
The website is freely sharing mindfulness and executive information, educational content and innovation news without any doctrine or religious purpose.
Readers are free to take what suits their needs and shape it as they wish with their beautiful mind.
Some posts and information about decoration are still there (mostly in social networks). Please allow me time to clean all up :).